Sessions and Fees
Our fees aim to cover staff wages, hire of the hall, materials, insurance and everyday running costs. We also supplement our income with fundraising. As we are a non-profit organisation, fees must be paid even when your child does not attend for any reason (holidays or illness).
Fees are charged per hour (except breakfast club and early morning drop-off). Fees are payable in advance at the start of each term (6 times a year). We will issue an invoice detailing fees owed. A late fee of £10 will be added if invoices are not paid on time. If you have any difficulty in paying fees promptly please talk to one of the team. For full details please see our Fee Policy.
From September 2022 our rates will be:
- £6.00 per hour for 2 year olds e.g. morning/afternoon sessions are 3 hours long = £18.00, all day sessions are 6 hours long = £36.00
- £5.75 per hour for unfunded 3 year olds e.g. morning/afternoon sessions are 3 hours long = £17.25, all day sessions are 6 hours long = £34.50.
- Lunch club is 1 hour (or included as part of the afternoon session if your child is attending a full day) and is £6.00 for 2 year olds and £5.75 for unfunded 3 year olds. This session needs to be pre-booked.
- Early morning drop-off is £2.50 for 15 minutes (8.45am until 9am) and this does not need to be pre-booked.
- Breakfast Club is £5.00 for 30 minutes (8.30am until 9am) which includes a healthy breakfast. This session must be pre-booked. Due to funding requirements, children with funded hours will be asked to pay £2.50 to cover the cost of breakfast provided during this session.
Snack time forms a core part of our daily morning routine and we provide a wide range of healthy snack options for the children to try. To cover the cost of this provision we require a termly snack fee of £8.00 to be paid for each child attending the session.
Grant for 2 year olds
If your child is 2 and you receive means-tested benefits such as income support, jobseeker’s allowance or child tax credit (see 2 year old entitlement application form for full list) you may be entitled to claim funding of up to 15 hours per week. If you are awarded funding, you will continue to receive it up to your childs 3rd birthday even if your circumstances change. Please speak to the Pre-school manager for details of full criteria and an application form.
Grant for over 3s
Every child is entitled to an Early Years Grant from Oxfordshire County Council the term after their 3rd birthday. Your child is entitled to claim up to 15 hours per week. You will not be billed for sessions your child receives a grant for. You can share grants between different providers. If you wish to change your childs grant allocation at any time you must inform the treasurer in writing. Failure to do this could result in duplicate grants being claimed and Pre-School reserves the right to reclaim any monies from the parents/carers.
Change of Details/ Requirements
Please inform Pre-School if any of your contact details change, particularly mobile numbers.
If you wish to increase your child’s sessions please talk to Sally firstname.lastname@example.org and, providing there is space available, your child may start immediately. Please put this in writing (an email is fine). If there are no spaces we will add your child to a waiting list and offer them the first available space.