Our current manager has been offered the wonderful opportunity to go abroad, so we are seeking a new manager. We are interested to hear from candidates open to either an interim position (12 months minimum), or a permanent role.
We are a thriving pre-school, and have been at the heart of the local community for 43 years. Long Wittenham Pre-school prides itself on having a secure, nurturing, and stimulating environment for its children. We are looking for a reliable and passionate Early Years professional to lead our experienced team of qualified practitioners to continue the fantastic running of our Ofsted rated “Good” pre-school.
Hours: Approximately 34 hours per week, term time only.
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Diploma in Pre-School practice Level 3 or equivalent.
- A Specialist Safeguarding qualification or willingness to attend the training.
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in an early year’s setting.
- DBS certificate.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS).
- Experience of leading and managing a team.
Job Role :
- To manage a small friendly team of early years professionals.
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the pre-school.
- To provide a stimulating learning environment for the children in our care.
- To act as Key Worker for a group of children.
- To take the lead in safeguarding children as designated safeguarding officer.
- To be responsible to the Committee of Trustees.
- To be the named person in dealings with Ofsted.
Please note that due to the nature of this post, we will seek details about a successful applicant’s criminal record from the Disclosure Barring Service before any appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions.
For more information or an application pack please contact Sally Durant
Tel: 01865 407417